Thursday, April 9, 2015

Lolita 52 Challenge: #11!

Hi raspberries! This post is going to be #11 from the Lolita 52 Challenge. You know the drill at this point, so let's go!

3 Trends I Wish Would Come Back

  1. Rocking Horse Shoes
Rocking horse shoes on the street in Japan
I've seen these a lot recently more in casual Japanese street fashion. But I've noticed they went out of vogue in lolita a while ago. Rocking horse shoes were one of the first things I loved about lolita. I think they look odd with certain coordinates, but with others, they are amazing!


Here's an adorable Ouji coordinate from Lovely Blasphemy on Lookbook


2. Bonnets


A half-bonnet worn in a classic style by Dody Depsi Kinahe on Lookbook

I really think bonnets can look great in any lolita style, but I especially love them with classic and gothic. I've noticed bonnets are making a bit of a comeback since they went out of style a while back when everyone was buying headbows to match their prints. I really think the bonnet is a beautiful look.

Some Japanese models wearing half bonnets with Sweet Lolita (not sure who they are!)



Marie Dauphine wearing a bonnet with a gothic coordinate


3. Old School Sweet

Momoko from Kamikaze Girls
I'm not going to lie. I don't miss the days of black and white color schemes with gaudy satin ribbons and too much cluny lace. I'm glad some of the worse aspects of early lolita fashion are behind us. Don't get me wrong, I love OTT as much as the next person, but there's part of me that craves for the simpler, purer sweet lolita I fell in love with as a kid. I miss parasols, one-color dresses, simple a-line shapes. It all just seemed so much easier then.

Here's Josephina aka FrillyPinkDreams wearing old school sweet

Well, that's it for this installment of the Lolita 52 Challenge. What trends do you wish would come back?


No comments:

Post a Comment