Saturday, January 3, 2015

Katie's Top Makeup Wants of 2015!

Hi raspberries! I just wanted to make a post at the start of the new year about some products I'd been lusting after in 2014 and never bought, or products I'm hoping for in 2015! Obviously there's a bunch of stuff I'd like, but these are just some of the top things I've been drooling over, but have never tried. I plan to supplement this with a later post of my favorite products from 2014, which will include some photos and mini-reviews. With that, onward!

  1. Guerlain Météorites Powder - $42 at Sephora


I've thought this product was beautiful for the longest time! I believe these act as a type of illuminator. You run your brush over the pearls and dust it on. I have to admit with this one, I don't even really care how well it works, because it's just so pretty! Plus, $42 isn't too bad for a Guerlain product. I'd definitely shell that out for something this gorgeous, although I have a feeling I might not use it that much. (I'm so bad.)


     2. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - $21 at Sephora






There is one main reason I absolutely need these lipsticks: the color range. It's like Kat Von D's team thought "hmm, what colors would Katie want in a lipstick line?" when they were designing these! There are literally no colors in this range that I don't love. I picked some of the more exciting colors to show in this picture, but I highly suggest looking at the full range, as there's certainly a color for everyone, not just people who want to wear bright purple. I tried on the "Coven", lilac color at Sephora and was in love, but couldn't buy it at the time. I'm hungry for more. 


      3. MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer - $32 at Sephora




I've been searching for a great full-coverage cream concealer for a while. I'm a bit of a sucker for stick concealers as I find the application easy, but I really shouldn't be applying them directly from the stick anyway, and I've been breaking out a bit recently and need to get better about my tool hygiene. Anyway, I've heard this is a great concealer, and I think I'd be willing to stick my neck out for the price as I've tried and loved MUFE products in the past.


       4. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - $45 at Sephora




This one is a bit of a quandry, because I have no idea why I've never bought this foundation. I've tried it on at Sephora multiple times, and love it. It also comes in a wide range of shades, which I love, as I often have a hard time finding foundation that suits my very pale, warm-toned skin when they only come in about 10 shades. This has also been recommended by a lot of my favorite beauty gurus like Zoella and Sprinkleofglitter. I honestly think maybe I haven't bought it because I'm a huge sucker for designer high-end makeup, such as Dior, Chanel, and YSL. Come on Kanye, you're not going to be stooping to anything by using this great foundation.


        5. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar - $18 at Sephora




This is one I'm frankly just curious about. I've known about OCC's lip tars for a while now, but I believe Sephora only started carrying them recently. I'm very adventurous beauty-wise, and would be totally down to try the loud colors they carry. I have to admit, the word "tar" scares me a little bit, as I despise sticky lipgloss, so I hope the texture isn't like that. I'd try some on before buying it, of course. I love the colors, though, and the opacity and color payoff seems great.


       6. Chanel Intimitible Intense Mascara - $30 at Neiman Marcus




I have to admit, I've never used a Chanel mascara. I'm also not much of a mascara person. I typically only own 2 or 3 at a time. I do find this mascara very interesting though, as I've seen the little sample wand display out at Saks and it looks like the type of mascara brush I love, which can be so hard to find in drugstore mascaras. Thin and rubber! Many drugstore mascaras have those huge, fluffy brush wands, which I just don't think have much payoff, and are more hype. I'd be really excited to try this mascara, and it's got rave reviews!


       7. Tom Ford Beauty Traceless Foundation Stick - $80 at Neiman Marcus




Were I to buy this, it would be the most money I've ever spent on a single item of makeup, meaning not a palette or set. But hey, it's Tom Ford! The luxury! I've also long been interested in stick foundations, but they went out of vogue for a while, and appear to be making a comeback! I've heard great things about this one. I'm also excited about the Tom Ford lipstick line. The colors are to die for.


       8. Inglot Duraline - $10 at inglotusa




 I had actually never heard of this until I watched a video of a girl doing reviews of her favorite Inglot products, and mentioned this one. Essentially, you add a drop of this to an eyeshadow and turn it into an eyeliner! Or, if you have a tough lipstick that's hard to apply, add a drop of this and rejuvenate it! For $10, it seems like a steal.

       
         9. Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation - $51.92 at illamasqua.com




Although not the picture I used, I'm particularly excited about this product because it comes in white. Finally! A white foundation! Not clown makeup, but an actual foundation! As I mentioned before, I'm very pale, especially in the winter. I have some foundations I love (such as my Chanel Perfection Lumiere), but even the lightest shade becomes too dark for me in the winter months. With this, I can mix my Chanel with a bit of the white Illamasqua Skin Base to get the perfect color.


       10. Lancôme Gloss in Love - $27 at Nordstrom




This is just a fun one. If you can't tell by now, I'm a sucker for lip products, and I adore Lancôme. I've never used a Lancôme product I didn't love. My mother is a huge fan of the Juicy Tubes series by Lancôme, which I really like as well. I'm excited about these though, because of the color range, and the packaging/design. My mom enjoys the Juicy Tubes because of the convenience, but I prefer wand lipglosses to tubes for the precision. The sparkly colors are also just fun as hell.


       11. Lipstick Queen Medieval Lip Treatment - $22 at Ulta




I've never used any Lipstick Queen products, but it's an entire company based around lipstick (my one true weakness), so I can imagine I'd become an instant fan. This particular product struck me because I've actually been searching for this exact thing for years. This is essentially a colormatch lipstick that gives you that "hint of color", like a medieval lady! Obviously, I don't shy away from color, but for my natural days, this would be amazing to have. Better than a colored lip balm that leaves that weird waxy color, or a lipgloss that looks too shiny. I'm thinking "my lips, but way better".


        12. Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Sheer Candy Lip Balm - $34 at Sephora




Oh boy. I've wanted one of these 5ever. I'm also interested in the YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick line (which come in a gold tube), but I thought these were a bit more exciting for the list. I've tried on both these and the lipsticks at Sephora and loved them, but was on a budget and bought something I needed instead. The number one selling point to me with these is the packaging. Oh my god these are freaking beautiful. I love YSL's packaging generally, which is probably why I've bought the majority of YSL products. The color line is also super pretty.


        13. Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Illuminating Foundation - $57 at Sephora




This one isn't too exciting, but it's a foundation I've been wanting to try for some time. I've tried this on at a Nordstrom, but it was many moons ago. One of the reasons I want to go for it is that a friend of mine who also has problems finding color-matching foundation due to being very pale recommended me YSL. It also has good reviews. (If it hasn't been established yet, I am a lipstick-a-holic and a foundation-a-holic.)


        14. Too Faced The Return of Sexy Palette - $49 at Sephora




"Finally, an eyeshadow!" everyone says. Yes, I know there's not much eyeshadow on here. I am excited about a lot of palettes, and I actually tend to buy quite a lot of palettes and shadows generally, even though they're not one of my weak spots. I own the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette and am in love with it. I want to get the Chocolate Bar as well, but I'll probably cave and buy that faster because of the cute packaging (haha). I've admired this palette for a while but thought it was a bit mature for me. Now that I really look at it, all of the colors are colors I wear all the time. I can't rave enough about the Too Faced shadows I've used, so I hope to get this beautiful one for my collection.


          15. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - $26 at Sephora




Last but not least: a blush! Confession time...I've never used a Tarte product except the Amazonian Clay Foundation I borrowed once from a friend. I've heard nothing but great things about this blush, and bought it for my mom as a Christmas gift last year. I've tried it at Sephora and thought the color payoff was great. The range of colors is also lovely, and a lot wider than many blush lines. I can't wait to try it!


I hope you enjoyed this little compilation of silly musings about the products I'm most excited to try this year. Let me know if there are any products you're excited to try!








No comments:

Post a Comment