Sunday, January 4, 2015

Who This Blog Is For


Hi raspberries! I've been thinking about this since I started this blog and decided I needed to make a post while the idea was in my head.
When I made Raspberry Beauty, I intended it to be for everyone. I wish it didn't have to be said, but there are unfortunately some out there who think makeup, fashion, and beauty are only for certain types of people. I want to make it clear now that I am NOT one of those people, and that this blog is for everyone. 
I am a 115 lb, white, cisgender woman with very feminine tastes. But I don't ever want this blog to only be for people like that! I want to try my best to talk about beauty in all its forms. I never want to see bullying or mean comments on my blog about myself, but especially about pictures I post of anyone else. *THIS BLOG IS A POSITIVE SPACE*

So who am I talking about? I want to show you guys some people today who don't look like me, or fit the mold of the white, thin, cisgender woman, but who are still beautiful and highlighted on this blog.

Here's a genderqueer person wearing makeup. Don't they look great?

(Image from genderqueer.tumblr.com)
This is Laverne Cox, a transgender activist and actress. Not only is she gorgeous, but she's outspoken, speaking on trans rights, and working to help shed light on the struggles of black transwomen in prison.

Queen Laverne: Bow Down
Here's Gabourey Sidibe: black, fat, Academy Award nominated actress. Does she rule? Duh.

Pretty awesome, pretty beautiful!
This is Viktoria Modesta, a singer-songwriter and model who lost her leg due to a negligent doctor at her birth. She had it amputated in 2007, and has begun making her prosthetic legs works of art!

Decidedly bad-ass.
Here's an image from an awesome fashion show held by Russian designers who created looks at the Fashion Without Borders show at Moscow Fashion Week specifically for people with disabilities. Click here to see all of the photos.

A victory for fashionistas everywhere.
Hijabi Dian Pelangi shows that modesty doesn't have to be boring. 

If you don't think she looks great, get outta my face.

This is not even remotely an exhaustive list of everyone I'm talking about, but I want this blog to be a place where everyone feels welcome and anyone feels they can talk about makeup or fashion. I know it can be especially intimidating to get into makeup if you're a man, or a transwoman without women role models in your life. Let's make this a place where anyone can talk about makeup and feel beautiful with or without it!

Love you all bunches



No comments:

Post a Comment