Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Baddest Gizibe

Hi raspberries! I've been listening to a lot of girl power music lately, and just wanted to put some of my favorites here, for when you're feeling down, or just need a pick me up! I wanted to show songs that aren't just girl power in the "strong woman" sense, but women expressing all manner of emotions. I think that's real girl power! (Unfortunately I don't know of any transwomen who are musicians, if you do, let me know!)




CL of 2NE1's solo debut. The Korean title of this song is "Bad Gizibe", meaning something along the lines of "baddest bitch".





I like this song because it doesn't portray the typical "strong woman", but a woman who likes material things, and wants to be doted and waited on. I think it's important to show that women are multifaceted, not just one type.


One of the best rappers out there, it's a shame she isn't more well known.


Cute girls do metal! This band has gotten really popular, and for good reason. The songs are great, and it's just so fun to watch.


Pottya is Japan's first ever plus-size idol group! The comments on this video are really mean, so head over to YouTube and give them a like, or a nice comment!


M.I.A. is so good. I love every song she's ever done. This is one of her recent ones, on her album MATANGI. Check out Arular (her first album) if you want to get started on her music.



I think Bjork is one of the most interesting, experimental artists out there. This is a personal favorite song of mine, where she talks openly about sex, and it's impact on her world.


This is an obvious choice. Beyonce is a queen. This song talks about how perfect everyone is, and that's pretty perfect.


I love Nicki Minaj so much. This is off of her most recent album, and it features Beyonce (win-win).


That's it for this post! Hope there was some music on here to get you pumped up, or to get you to chill out. Go ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment