Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lolita 52 Challenge: #9!

Hi raspberries, it's the next installment of the neverending Lolita 52 Challenge. This post is tackling #9 on the list! Lets-a-go!


#9: 5 keywords that describe my personal lolita style

This is an interesting question! I think there a lot of words that could describe my style, so I'm going with words that are most associated with my style.

~SWEET~


My personal style is definitely above all, sweet. I've been attracted to sweet lolita since I found out about the fashion in the mid-2000s. I know a lot of people were drawn to gothic at first, probably when they were in that awkward 14-year-old weeaboo phase of wanting to look like Amane Misa, but I've always been after the sweets. 

~PINK~


Bury me in pink. I love pink. I'm generally most interested in the pink colorway of things. I think pink is just a perfect color. I used to prefer lavender, but I've been getting so into pink lately. 

~OTT~


OTT lolita, or "over-the-top". Also known as deco lolita or "throw a million things on your head lolita". This is more something I wish my style was than something it actually is. The reality is, I don't have enough nice accessories at the moment to pull off this sort of look. But I've loved it ever since it first gained popularity. I'm starting to get a bit more into mature looks, but still can't resist a million hairclips shaped liked candy.

~ANIMALS~


Maybe this is kind of a dumb word, but I picked it because I have a bit of a thin with animal prints. I don't think it's that I'd never wear a dress without animals or something, I've owned prints with no animals on them, but I love animal prints, if they're done right. Sometimes the animals look creepy instead of cute (I think the rabbits on AP's Marshmallow Bunny are horrifying!) But if you don't screw that up, I'm pretty much sold on animal prints (especially involving squirrels).

~BUDGET~

From Princess Peachie
I don't know if it's really a style, but at this point, I'm trying to be pretty thrifty. I used to be a bit of a brandwhore and although I owned Bodyline pieces, I hated wearing them. I don't feel that way anymore, although obviously wearing a Bodyline dress will probably just never feel as good as AP. I'm also focusing on saving more for brand pieces second-hand, and saving that way by buying pieces I really want instead of amassing things I don't love just to have something.


That about does it for this post. A bit of short one. I'll keep tackling these questions a post at a time, as many as there are! Hope you're enjoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment